I’m a post-doctoral researcher at the Hasso-Plattner-Institut working with Patrick Baudisch in Potsdam, Germany. Before joining the Human Computer Interaction Lab, I received my Ph.D. from Lancaster University, UK, where I was part of the Embedded Interactive Systems (EIS) group. This page provides an overview of ongoing and past research projects. Please feel free to drop a line: email@example.com.
Current Research Projects
- GravitySpace is a new approach to tracking people and objects based on high-resolution, pressure-sensing floor.
- PICOntrol uses an off-the-shelf handheld projector to remote control physical devices through visible light.
- Personal Clipboards enable individual copy-and-paste on interactive surfaces.
- PhoneTouch is a novel technique for integration of mobile phones and interactive surfaces. The technique enables use of phones to select targets on the surface by direct touch.
- HandsDown enables user identification based on biometric hand contour analysis.
- IdWristbands use infra-red LED to associate touches to users on multi-touch surfaces
- 02.10.13 | Presenting my research at Max Planck Institute for Computer Science collaboration retreat
- 06.09.13 | Presenting GravitySpace at this happened in Hamburg
- 24.02.13 | GravitySpace received a CHI Best Paper Honorable Mention Award
- 19.12.12 | Our papers “GravitySpace: Tracking Users and Their Poses in a Smart Room Using a Pressure-Sensing Floor” (YouTube) and “Personal Clipboards for Individual Copy-and-Paste on Shared Multi-User Surfaces” (PDF | YouTube) were accepted for publication at CHI 2013
- 09.10.12 | PICOntrol was nominated for the best paper award
- 01.10.12 | Joined the HPI Research School
- 29.09.12 | Our paper “MobiSurf: Improving Co-located Collaboration through Integrating Mobile Devices and Interactive Surfaces” was accepted at ITS 2012
- 13.07.12 | Our paper “PICOntrol: Using a Handheld Projector for Direct Control of Physical Devices through Visible Light” was accepted at UIST 2012 (more)
- 02.07.12 | Joined Patrick Baudisch’s group at the Hasso-Plattner-Institut (HPI) in Potsdam, Germany
- 14.06.12] | Presented our DIS paper on PhoneTouch interactions (PDF | Video) in Newcastle, UK
- 18.05.12 | Serving as technical program chair assistant for CHI 2013
- 30.05.11 | In Beijing with Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) over the summer
- 14.12.10 | Received the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Studies
- Full list of publications
- The Human Computer Interaction Lab
Hasso Plattner Institute, Prof-Dr-Helmert Str. 2-3
14482 Potsdam, Germany