Building useful and delightful products at the intersection of product, engineering, and UX. Head of Digital Product at Plantura. Based in Munich, Germany.
Previously: Director of product at CLIQZ, re-designing the Internet. Post-doctoral researcher at HPI’s Human Computer Interaction Lab, working on natural user interfaces. Research associate at Lancaster University.
- 01.12.20 | Joined Plantura as Head of Digital Product
- 08.11.20 | Launched 365 & me—an iOS journaling app that asks one question a day
- 12.12.19 | Techblog: Implementing search-as-you-type in the browser using RxJS
- 11.04.19 | Lumen Browser launch
- 28.10.18 | Startup Safari Talk “You Are Not the User”
- 15.06.18 | Techfest Workshop “User-Centered Design & Usability Evaluation”
- 27.06.17 | Techblog: A new Face for Cliqz Quick Search
- 01.11.15 | How to automatically OCR scanned documents on your NAS
- 02.08.15 | How to send Emails with attachement for new S3 objects
- 01.02.15 | Joined CLIQZ as UX researcher
- 16.01.15 | Our papers Ergonomic Interaction on Touch Floors and Level-Ups: Motorized Stilts that Simulate Stair Steps in Virtual Reality were accepted for publication at CHI 2015
- 14.11.14 | Serving as video chair for MUM 2015
- 10.12.13 | Our paper “Kickables: Tangibles for Feet” was accepted for publication at CHI 2014
- 02.10.13 | Presenting my research at Max Planck Institute for Computer Science collaboration retreat
- 06.09.13 | Presenting GravitySpace at this happened in Hamburg
- 24.02.13 | GravitySpace received a CHI Best Paper Honorable Mention Award
- 19.12.12 | Our papers “GravitySpace: Tracking Users and Their Poses in a Smart Room Using a Pressure-Sensing Floor” (YouTube) and “Personal Clipboards for Individual Copy-and-Paste on Shared Multi-User Surfaces” (PDF | YouTube) were accepted for publication at CHI 2013
- 09.10.12 | PICOntrol was nominated for the best paper award
- 01.10.12 | Joined the HPI Research School
- 29.09.12 | Our paper “MobiSurf: Improving Co-located Collaboration through Integrating Mobile Devices and Interactive Surfaces” was accepted at ITS 2012
- 13.07.12 | Our paper “PICOntrol: Using a Handheld Projector for Direct Control of Physical Devices through Visible Light” was accepted at UIST 2012 (more)
- 02.07.12 | Joined Patrick Baudisch’s group at the Hasso-Plattner-Institut (HPI) in Potsdam, Germany
- 14.06.12] | Presented our DIS paper on PhoneTouch interactions (PDF | Video) in Newcastle, UK
- 18.05.12 | Serving as technical program chair assistant for CHI 2013
- 30.05.11 | In Beijing with Microsoft Research Asia (MSRA) over the summer
- 14.12.10 | Received the Dean’s Award for Excellence in Postgraduate Studies
Previous Research Projects
- Kickables–tangibles for feet–scale to arbitrarily large spaces, while maintaining the affordance of traditional tangibles
- GravitySpace is a new approach to tracking people and objects based on high-resolution, pressure-sensing floor.
- PICOntrol uses an off-the-shelf handheld projector to remote control physical devices through visible light.
- Personal Clipboards enable individual copy-and-paste on interactive surfaces.
- PhoneTouch is a novel technique for integration of mobile phones and interactive surfaces. The technique enables use of phones to select targets on the surface by direct touch.
- HandsDown enables user identification based on biometric hand contour analysis.
- IdWristbands use infra-red LED to associate touches to users on multi-touch surfaces
- Full list of publications